2018/19 Call for Scores
Thank you for your interest in our 2018/19 Season Call for Scores. We are no longer taking submissions.
If you have any questions, please contact us at info@contracostachamberorchest
The Contra Costa Chamber Orchestra (CCCO) is announcing a call for scores, seeking works for chamber orchestra written by US-based composers.
The CCCO, a community orchestra in the San Francisco Bay Area, has been vital to the local music community since the 1970’s, and presents performances at several of the East Bay’s finest performance venues including the Lesher Center for the Arts (Walnut Creek) and El Campanil Theatre (Antioch).
The winning composition will receive three performances in the Bay Area in May 2019: May 3rd (Alhambra High School in Martinez), May 4th (El Campanil Theatre in Antioch), and May 5th (Lesher Center for the Arts in Walnut Creek) on the CCCO’s program “Voices of the Past, Present, and Future”. The winning composer will receive a $500 honorarium, a recording of one of the performances, and travel expenses to attend the concerts. Non-winning pieces may still be considered for future programming.
- Submissions are due by October 31st, 2018, with the winner announced on January 15th, 2019.
- The winning composer must attend the performances. If the composer cannot attend, an alternate winner will be chosen.
- Open to any composers currently residing in the USA, with no restrictions on age or citizenship.
- Preexisting works are acceptable
- Compositions may make use of any or all of the instruments listed below: 2 flutes (1 doubling piccolo), 2 oboe (1 doubling English Horn), 2 clarinets (1 Doubling Bass Clarinet), 2 Bassoons, 4 horns, 2 trumpets, 3 trombones, tuba, timpani, 3 percussion, piano, harp, strings.
- Length of submission must not exceed 15 minutes
- Composers may submit as many scores as desired, with a $20 application fee for the first piece and a $10 fee for any subsequent piece.
- To submit a score, fill out the form below, email the required support materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Call for Scores, [Composer’s Name] and submit payment via PayPal (paypal.me/CCCO).
- Email the following support materials: PDF score, link to a streaming recording (YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.)
- Please do NOT include any links to file downloads, as we will not open them.
October 31st, 2018 – Scores and Applications due (submit through our online form)
January 15th, 2019 – Winners announced
March 1st, 2019 – Winning composers submit hard-copy score & parts to Contra Costa Chamber Orchestra (Mailing Address as follows):
Contra Costa Chamber Orchestra
P.O. Box 3087
Walnut Creek, CA 94598-0087